Printer friendly text
Home > Librarianship
AskERIC Responses | Internet Sites | Discussion Groups | ERIC Resources | Organizations
* Do you have any information on marketing the school library? http://www.askeric.org/cgi-bin/printresponses.cgi/Virtual/Qa/archives/ Librarianship/School_Libraries/market.html
* Do you have any resources on teacher-librarian collaboration? http://www.askeric.org/cgi-bin/printresponses.cgi/Virtual/Qa/archives/ Librarianship/School_Libraries/collab.html
* Are there any research articles on censorship in school libraries?
* Do school libraries have a positive impact on students?
* Does having a professional school media specialist on staff increase student achievement?
* Educational Standards and Curriculum Frameworks for Library Media
A collection of resources with information on national and state library media standards.
* School Library Resources on the Internet
This site, from the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), covers many aspects of the work of school librarians/media specialists. Areas covered include information technology, library management, children's literature, reading promotion, and information skills. Also includes information about IASL, including the IASL Journal, Newsletter articles, reviews, and conferences.
* Internet School Library Media Center
Information on selection, cataloging and classification, management and other topics of interest to school librarians.
* Online Resources for School Librarians
This collection of online resources has been selected and made available as a way to assist school librarians make effective use of the vast resources of the Internet and World Wide Web.
* Internet Resources for Children
This ERIC Web Links describes more than fifty that will be of special interest to children in grades K-8, teachers, parents and librarians during the 2001-2002 school year and beyond.
* LION (Library Information Online Network)
Large collection of information for school librarians including automation, calendar of upcoming library-related events, library design, library scheduling, lesson plans and activities, more.
* School Library Journal Online
Includes a selection of full-length articles, editorials, library news, software reviews, classifieds and links for librarians.
* School Library Media Research
An official journal of the American Association of School Librarians, this site includes the full text of select articles 1998-present.
* Library Research Service - School Library Media Impact Studies
"LRS studies conducted in Alaska, Colorado and Pennsylvania in 2000 show that school media librarians and libraries help kids perform better on standardized tests."
* Texas School Libraries: Standards Resources, Services and Students' Performance (April 2001)
"The Texas Study demonstrated higher TAAS performance at all educational levels in schools with librarians than in schools without librarians."
* Getting Certified in 50 States: The Latest Requirements for School Librarians
This site, provided by School Library Journal, includes state-by-state information on getting certified to become a school librarian.
* Position Statements from the American Association of School Librarians
* National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities - Hot Topics - Libraries/Media Centers
Contains links to full text resources on design considerations, renovations, designing library electronic classrooms, and more.
"ICONnect, an initiative of the American Association of School Librarians, supports school library media specialists as they assume leadership positions in the use of the Internet in the school community. This site includes online courses, student and family activities, as well as online tours to prepare school librarians for leadership roles."
* School Libraries on the Web: A Directory
This is a list of library web pages maintained by K-12 school libraries in the United States and in countries around the world. This directory is limited to listing pages which focus on the school library/media center.
* School Library & School Librarian Web Pages
A collection of Web Pages created or maintained by school librarians. Some are for entire schools, while others are for individual school libraries. Some pages are personal, while others are for professional associations, or other curriculum related resources. Also included are a few links to helpful Web development.
On school library media topics
To subscribe, address an email message in the following manner:
Subscribe LM_NET firstname lastname
Searchable Archives: http://askeric.org/Virtual/Listserv_Archives/LM_NET.shtml
LM_NET on the World Wide Web: http://www.askeric.org/lm_net/
* ERIC Digest - Proof of the Power: Recent Research on the Impact of School Library Media Programs on the Academic Achievement of U.S. Public School Students (2001)
* ERIC Digest - Teachers and Librarians: Collaborative Relationships (2000)
* ERIC Digest - The Role of the School Library Media Specialist in the 21st Century (2000)
* Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries
* American Association of School Librarians
50 E. Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
* International Association of School Librarianship
The mission of the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL) is to provide an international forum for those people interested in promoting effective school library media programs as viable instruments in the educational process. IASL also provides guidance and advice for the development of school library programs and the school library profession.
Suite 300, Box 34069
Seattle, WA 98124-1069, USA
Fax: 1-604-925 0566
Back to Top